Laredo, TX, 78045
Joined on January, 2011
Any day at any time
Up to 20 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationAugust 2003-December 2007 / Texas A&M International University Laredo, TX
- Bachelor's Degree in History with a Minor in Dance
January 2008-Present / Texas A&M International University Laredo, TX
- Masters of Arts in History presented in Thesis form (expected graduation date: May 2012)
ExperienceAugust 2003-January 2007 United Independent School District Laredo, TX
To provide instructional assistance to students in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
To assist the learning activities of the students and to provide the best possible service for the students.
Maintain classroom management by taking the initiative to take control of the classroom by demonstrating self-confidence, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
January 2008-July 2009 Texas A&M International University Laredo, TX
Graduate Assistant to Dr. Jerry D. Thompson, Regents Professor in History
Assisting the Professor in hands-on research
Being able to conduct class in Professor's absence and, or request
Maintaining grades and attendance of all Professor's classes
June 2006-October 2006 Global Link Logistics Laredo, TX
Assisted in clerical work for Import/Export business
Data entry, Spreadsheets, planning, and setting up appointments
Minor accounting and sales
June 2004-Present Private Tutor
- All Listed subjects and study skills preparations and techniques.
- Received the President's Awards all throughout Middle and High School
- Invited into the International Laureate Program, and attended an International conference in
Diplomacy held at Vienna, Austria, Prague, Czech Republic, Budapest, Hungary, and Slovakia in
the Summer of 2007.
- Selected to be the Graduate Assistant of Regents Professor Dr. Jerry D. Thompson, well-known
scholar and historian in the field of Southwestern Americana and the U.S. Civil War. He has
written more than twenty books.
- Bachelor's Degree in History with a minor in Dance from Texas A&M International University
- Fluent in Spanish, English, and Intermediate French
- Excels in computer software and basic computer and office machinery operations
- Currently completing a Master's Degree in History with Thesis from Texas A&M International
University (expected date of graduation - May 2010)
HobbiesI enjoy reading books on European Art and contempary social standings of Western European influences in areas such as Latin and South American countries. I enjoy music, especially jazz, classic rock, fusion jazz, bluegrass, and classical music. I have danced classical ballet since the age of six and have been under the direction of very prominent Russian instructors in the fields of ballet, jazz, flamenco, lyrical, tap, modern, and salsa training. I love animals and enjoy the tastes of different foods and cultures.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.